We all measure successes by unique benchmarks that are affected by those set by our parents, mentors, teachers, friends, etc. In the last 6 months, I have undertaken many new projects, and my benchmark lately has been the simplest measure of all: completion. Since November 1st I have:
- Participated in NaNoWriMo for the first time, and successfully reached 50,000 words (November)
- Rediscovered, selected, and polished poetry for an electronic collection (early January)
- Finished the draft of my NaNoWriMo novel (February)
- Started this blog (February)
- Revised my first novel many times until it was fit for the eyes of first readers (Feb-March)
- Participated in, and, with this post, successfully completed BlogFlash2013!