I am trying desperately to finish the first draft of G&H before the end of February, which is tonight in case you forgot, so I've decided to forego my usual Flash! Friday entry. So, I'm taking this opportunity to remind you all that this spring's Pitch Madness is almost here! Many of you may know that my own deal with Swoon Romance started as a Twitter pitch, and the combination of Pitch Madness and its pair event, #PitMad, could lead to some great new agent + writer matches – and of course some invaluable experience.
Pitch Madness is a twice yearly online pitch contest, hosted by Brenda Drake. Each round works with a special theme or game, and this time around it's the murder mystery game, Clue. Submissions include a 35-word (max) pitch and the first 250 words of your manuscript.
The schedule, from Brenda's website:
- Hosts and their teams Introduction on March 3
- Agent Introduction on March 4
- Rules of the Game on March 6
- Formatting Instructions March 7
- Submission window will be on March 10 and will be open for 24 hours
- The top 60 picks for the agent round will go up on the blogs on March 18 at 12:01AM EST (NY time)
- March 20 at 12PM EDT (Noon) the agents requests are revealed, and right afterward is the tying agents challenge round
- There will be a #PitMad Twitter Pitch Party on March 25 from 8AM to 8PM EST.
Remember to only submit if your manuscript is polished and ready to be seen by an agent, but otherwise, get those pitches ready. And if you're working on a pitch and would like to give & get some feedback, feel free to use the comments section! (Please make sure any comments on others' pitches are constructive).