I've been considering this for a while, and I've decided to take a short break from updating this blog, so that I can focus on an overabundance of family events (all good!) and querying Muse. I will still be around to respond to comments / questions, but may not post new content for a few weeks.
Normally, today's post would have been a Flash! Friday story, and interestingly it has been 52 weeks since my first entry into this weekly contest. With these, too, I will be taking a pause, though perhaps an upcoming prompt will speak to me, and I'll change my mind.
Meanwhile, there are many posts on a variety of writing topics which will remain available, and I hope they will provide perspective, or needed advice, or perhaps merely a distraction. Some suggestions:
- The Publishing Contracts sequence, which takes an in-depth look at the pieces of these complicated documents, from this writer's perspective.
- Though I didn't write every week, there are still dozens of Flash! Friday stories available for your reading pleasure. A couple of my favorites are Treasure Hunt and Past Memories.
- Of course, Flash! Friday continues on, with plenty of new stories posted every week!
- On Relationships in Romance
- What to Avoid in Your Romance Novel
- A handy-dandy infographic on avoiding common grammar mistakes
And to leave you with a bit of writing, I have a new poem. This is just a draft, written quite recently, but I'd love any feedback! Here goes:
There are things about me you never understood
But then there are those only you ever could
Which no one else noticed, or tried — or would
So a piece of my heart, or my soul, stays with you
Despite how I tug, yank, or beg, it rests true
Ignoring my anguish, it pulls anew
Though I try to let go, to forgive, to give in
That one little chunk that you tore from within
Decides this battle I never will win
Thanks everyone, and have a wonderful several weeks!