I genuinely intended to post this earlier, but the day got away from me as they so often do lately. But I wanted to make sure to share that Scripting Change — the wonderful community writing project — is currently accepting submissions for their second project!
- The project accepts poetry (up to 3 pages) and short fiction (up to ~1500 words)
- You can submit up to 3 pieces, and they'll select up to 2
- 100% of the project's proceeds are donated!
- Proceeds = cost of book — % taken by the distributor
- This year's project is focusing on supporting literacy advocacy, with the theme Opening Worlds with Words
- Writers receive:
- Exposure! Your work will be published in a collection alongside established and aspiring authors plus your information, with link, will be posted on the Scripting Change website.
- The book! You receive a copy of the final e-book.
- Karm points! This is all for charity!
- Check out all the details here!
Let's be honest, a short story or poem won't take that long to write, but it could make a difference in the lives of children and adults who struggle with literacy. I know our community (writers, that is) is a strong and generous one, and literacy should certainly be a cause near and dear to our hearts. I hope you will join me in supporting this project!
Follow Scripting Change: